Skip to main content
Before the day:
- Register to the Virtual Career Day on Zoom Events
- Check your AUC email for the registration link with email subject "Virtual Career Day"
- Review the professionals' bios and prepare your questions
- Make sure your mic, camera, and speakers are functioning well
- Prepare a quiet and uninterrupted space to attend from
- Dress appropriately for the event
Sample questions to ask the professionals:
- What is/are the typical entry-level position(s) like?
- What is the career path for this position?
- What is the best way to enter this occupation?
- What are some of the "do's and don'ts" in trying to develop a successful career in your field?
- What coursework have you found most helpful?
- How can I get experience in this field while I am a student?
- How much do employers value internships, volunteer work, summer jobs and unrelated work experience?
- How important is it to have the "right" degree or courses to develop a career like yours today?
- What are other qualifications that you as an employer/employee consider important?
- What personal qualities do you need to succeed in this career?
- What are the lifestyle considerations for such a career?
- Are there any duties that you perform on a regular basis? What are they?
- What is your favorite thing about this occupation?
- What are some of the major stresses in your work?
- What are the difficulties of such a career?
- What motivates you to stay in spite of the difficulties?
- Do you have any special words of warning or encouragement as a result of your experience?
During the day:
- Navigate promptly between the zoom rooms between 12 - 2 pm.
- Ask your questions.
- Listen as well to other students’ questions. You may get an answer to a question you didn't know you had.