Mock Interviews Week by Professionals
The AUC Career Center gives senior students the unique chance to practice their interviewing skills with a professional in their field of interest; an interview simulation with a professional. The Mock Interviews Week is geared to introduce senior students to the viewpoint of industry professionals with regards to candidate evaluation, and professionals will evaluate the student's responses and give them immediate feedback.
The Mock Interviews Week is aimed towards enhancing student’s interviewing skills through practice and receiving personalized feedback from professionals.
To ensure that the experience is representative to real interviews, an entry-level job description is shared with the students.
The Mock Interviews Week is a biannual event that takes place during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Mock Interviews will be running from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, every day during the week, and each interview duration is 50 minutes each.
- Polish your interviewing skills
- Network with employers and get personalized feedback on your interviewing skills
- Be prepared and get ready for your next interview
- Practice interviewing with an employer in your field of interest
Event Tips for Students
- Read the job description and identify the required job skills
- Research the company and the interviewer’s profile
- Prepare stories about your past experience, that reflect relevant job skills, to use in the interview
- Dress in business casual attire
- For virtual mock interviews, test your technology, video, audio, and internet connection are working well.
- Sit in a comfy, quiet place with good lightings.
- Find the email that was sent to you with the invitation link for the interview, and be connected five minutes before your interview time
- Introduce yourself confidently with a smile on your face
- Maintain eye contact with the interviewer
- Listen carefully to the interviewer's questions. Pause for seconds to think about what you want to say
- Tell the truth and give honest answers
- Support your answers with examples of your accomplishments whenever possible
- Answer all questions in a positive way
- Use action verbs to describe your skills and experiences. For example say 'I supervised', 'I analyzed', or 'I implemented'
- Ask relevant questions that will reflect your interest in the organization and the position. Your questions should make the interviewer aware that you have done some research on the company
Companies and employers change every semester to cover different fields, an updated google document will be available and shared with senior and graduating senior students each semester.
- Register on CareerWEB (Go to jobs/internships tab, click search, under position type, choose mock Interview, then click apply)
- Register by phone on +201205655584 daily from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Limited slots available (You can choose ONLY ONE Virtual Mock Interview appointment).
- Time slots: 10:00-10:50, 11:00-11:50, 12:00-12:50, 1:00-1:50, 2:00-2:50
- You need to have an approved resume on CareerWEB
Mock Interviews Appointments by the Career Center Advisors
You can also schedule an individual advising appointment for a mock interview and/or tips on developing your interviewing skills.
You can schedule an advising appointment on your CareerWEB account | Counseling appointment tab.