Interests and Career (Strong Interest Inventory)
Do you find satisfaction and motivation in helping others? Are you happier when your work output allows you to express yourself? Do you want to lead groups of people at work? Discovering your interests will help you find answers to these questions and more.
Strong Interest Inventory®
The Strong Interest Inventory® (SII®)- based on the Holland theory of occupational themes - assists your academic and career planning process by uncovering insights about you and your relationship with the working world; insights that will lead you to a greater degree of self-understanding arming you with the ability to make better life decisions. The SII® measures interests as opposed to abilities; rather than telling you what you should be; it opens up before you a world of occupational choices by helping you understand your areas of interest in various areas such as the occupational, work and leisure activities, university subjects, types of people, and various learning and work environments. SII® can be used to:
- Explore university/college majors
- Make professional career choices
- Facilitate career change
- Identify career development opportunities
- Discover potential organization development
The SII® uses a personality-based model for career exploration.
To Take the Strong Interest Inventory®
To take the SII®, sign up for the “Your Interests and Career” Workshop through your CareerWEB account | Events Section.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the instruction sheet to complete the assessment online. You need to fill the assessment before attending the workshop. There are no “right” or “wrong” answers to these questions.
- While there is no time limit for the completion of the Indicator, yet responding to the whole Indicator usually takes about thirty minutes.
- To receive your results: A certified professional will provide you with your results, and help you understand them, at the interpretation session for which you registered.